View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 08:05 PM
Retired

Lamb chops were great. Wife brought back black salt from Maui yesterday and it was a great addition. The right amount of 'tang'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
Eggs are great cookers but they lack cooking space.
Purchased this small one specifically as did not want the large cooking area/size. This "small egg" is proving to be "just right" for the two of us. Have fit 8 burgers on the grill (a bit crowded, but no harm) and four strip steaks as well as a 5 1/2 # chicken and a 4+ # roast (not all at the same time, obviously).
Picking up some ribs tomorrow. Will definitely have to cut in half to fit two full racks.
But, all-in-all, am very pleased. Have gotten as many as 6 hours with a full load of charcoal (~ 30% Kingsford & 70% hardwood). That required a 'learning curve' on setting the vents (did let it creep up to almost 300 at one point). Think I can get 8 hours at ~220F as I've learned the proper vent settings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Done.jpg (82.2 KB, 42 views)
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 07-21-2022 at 08:16 PM.