View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 01:45 PM

Hi UFTE,

I agree with Stahle that a Mac Mini can be stripped down and used with better software to produce a good result. I would also add a USB decrapifier to his recommendations if you.

Also, it's important to distinguish between good and great. The Mac is a good source. If your amp was a very nice $500 NAD integrated (just for example), I would have given a big thumbs up. But since you've spent tens of thousands on Mc electronics, you have the chance to hear something absolutely great. In this context of great electronics, I think your auditory spirits will sag if you alternate between your MVP901 and streaming on the Mac Mini. I would try a higher end streamer from companies such as Aurender, Aurilic, and Naim.

One other caveat--YMMV--every person's system, listening room, and ears are different. You might switch back and forth between Mac Mini and SACDs and be completely content. So the most important thing is to take input from others as just hypotheses to test for yourself for a few days with demo systems from your local dealer, or products that are returnable risk free or with a restocking fee of a few hundred dollars.

Good luck!