View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Apple makes things easy in all sorts of ways, but if your power amp and speakers are in the same league as the C2700, you are likely to disappointed with Apple Music/Mac Mini compared to other sources
I agree for sure with the ease of Apple and convenience as all of my digital music is in Apple until the recent Tidal subscription. The new lossless within Apple seemed to be an added bonus. I think I have a pretty good system going (7 channel home theater using older Definitive Technology speakers, JL Audio F-113 sub, MX122/MVP901/C2700/MC8207/MC462/MPC1500), with the C2700 and Mac mini being the most recent additions. I am new to streaming and have a small collection of SACD's, Blu-Ray concerts, etc that I play through the MVP901. I would admit my speakers (BP3000TL for mains) would be the weakest link, but I think things are sounding pretty good using the C2700/MC462/Mac mini/Tidal connected via USB. What would be your suggestion for other sources I could look into? Again, this new to me and to be honest I thought the USB/Mac Mini/Tidal to the DAC in the C2700 was one of the better options to go with for streaming?

-Ryan