View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 12:32 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
With my Endgame system completed, oh yes I am planing on stop buying, I then have more time to dig the old CDs that I have since 1982 when I was young to play. And that did bring big disappointment. Most of classical CDs from that era sounded dry and edgy and totally lack of sweetness, no matter the labels. Telarc, Denon, Philips, Gramophone. They all sound rather dry in this system.
No such problem on playing later CDs or SACDs or even Qobuz.

Toga

Toga, I agree with you on those early digital recordings. Be it classical, jazz or pop, they were often so much worse than their analogue counterparts from the 70s, 60s and even late 50s.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables