View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 10:00 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
What Black Diamonds do you have and what's your opinion of them?
Thes Telefunken Black Diamonds are the result of a partnership between Telefunken Electroakoustic and JJ Tubes; they're made in Slovakia. I have 12AX7 BD preamp tubes in my C2300 preamp.

I like them best of the tubes I've tried to date, even better than the Gold Lions. To my ears the BDs are more dynamic than the GLs, which is preferable because my setup doubles as a home theater (albeit a 2-channel one), and the extra dynamic oompf serves Blu-ray/DVD movies and concerts well, plus my other sources. I do have some Mullard, NOS Amperex, and JJ Gold-Pin high-performance tubes, as well as some regular JJs and those Gold Lions; now that my power cords and interconnects have been upgraded maybe that would affect any future comparisons should I re-visit that, but for now I like the BDs.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks