View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 09:20 AM

Default 802D3 with Anthem STR power amp and b+w DB1 and DB1D'subs

Hi All
Hello from Christchurch NZ !!
First post ! I have owned the 802D3's with Anthem STR power amp and b+w DB1 and DB1D subs for about 18months would have loved the 800D3's but beyond my reach ! I highly rate ALL the above mentioned gear..the Anthem STR stereo power amp gives 400 WPC it is a powerful refined beast most of all it is not a harsh or bright amp ..I upgraded from a parasound halo A21 the Anthem off course is a lot more expensive but certainly outperformed the Halo much mellower and musical especially on the highs
I also run a paradigm signature C5 centre (6-driver, 3-1/2-way) center channel also with SVS ultra towers for surrounds driven by an emotive xpa -dr3 amp 3 channels 450 WPC (differential reference series a nice AMP this type of emotiva amp I'm happy with)
My preamp is a Marantz 8802A
my rears are a paradign Signature ADP3 5driver 3-way surround
My atmos speakers are 4 SVS Prime Elevations
the rears and 4 dolby atmos speakers are driven by a Pereaux P6160..6 channels 160WPC
My voice of God speaker for aura 3D is a B+W 8inch driven by a Pereaux P200 ..200WPC... thats 12 speakers and 2 subs !!
My CD-T is a Jays Audio CD-T mk2 and my DAC is a Jays audio signiture DAC the Jays audio CD-T revolutionized my CD listening experience its a stunning Transport along with a stunning DAC
for movies i run an OPPO 103D and a panasonic UB9000 4k player i have a 75 inch 2018 samsung QLED 4K TV (the best 4K they made)
Cables..audioquest Gibraltar speaker cables with kimber 8TC and QED speaker cable audioquest Columbia intercontects with pereaux interconects also
I run Iso tek aqurius power conditioner and cables with other local brands too..that my introduction guys and gals !!