View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 01:29 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaudio View Post
The problem with something like this is the attempt to make the diameter universal, yet the diameter of cable barrels varies greatly. So youll have a fit that is either too tight and simply wont fit or one that leaves quite a bit of space around the perimeter leading to some sagging any way. As evidenced in the photo posted earlier.
How about some...data? For the Shunyata PCs, the outer diameter (OD) of the Alpha XC, NR, Sigma XC and NR cable barrels are exactly the same at 13mm.

The Omega's plug barrel may be very slightly larger (I don't have one here, so I can't measure it), but the Cable Cradle also comes with a textured rubber pad that provides additional mechanical support in the crade and as well as some vibration damping. So, end-users should find, as I do, for the Shunyata PCs at least, that the Alpha, Sigma and Omegas fit very securely and stably. The smaller PCs, e.g. Venom, Venom-X and Delta use a lighter and shorter plug, so when plugged into an SR-Z1, which holds the prongs very tightly, stability isn't an issue.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 08-19-2022 at 01:38 PM.