View Single Post
Old 07-23-2022, 09:47 PM

Maybe just to add, mechanical isolation can lift lift let's say your entry level Accuphase CD player well above the next level up SACD player where such mechanical isolation is not been taken care of.

I have to admit that I have heavily invested in the last few years in HiFi rack and additional small components to further isolate electronics, speakers and power distribution block. I have done this because my HiFi dealer was able to demonstrate to me the immense benefit of this instead of chasing an upgrade of an electronic. In this case the big advancements have come from some materials development in form of an acrylic/PEEK composite, which creates a relatively high strength material (enabling the elimination of any metal) with enormous damping quality. It is often argued that the interfaces in composites contributes greatly to damping properties though PEEK as the 'reinforcing' agent here might also play a critical role.

Of course, this is just one example and I am sure others are aware of other great developments.