View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 05:03 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
Thank you for the answers my friends ! Very interesting.
Shane : I heard many things about these carts but never imagined that a Koetsu could be inferior to a 103R. Are you sure that it was run in ?
Stephen : actually I was not very sure of my choice with the Rosewood Sig. I cancelled my order. I may finally go with the Urushi Vermillion.
Jerome, I can't recommend this cartridge highly enough. You can find some great reviews on it; I know there is a very good one by Michael Fremer at Stereophile and there is also a good one by Gary Lea on Dagogo, both from some years ago.

I personally use a Bob's Devices step-up; my SUT is a bit older model from 2011, he has since moved to new custom Cinemag transformers that provide even higher levels of performance. Bob also used to use the Urushi Vermilion as a reference standard, so if you place an order with him, he can tell you which version SUT would be best suited for the Vermilion.

Here is mine:

The Vermilion:

Personally, I am very, very, very happy with this setup and for me, I consider it "end-game" as far as analogue reproduction is concerned.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 01-18-2018 at 05:12 PM.