View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 06:32 PM

Have been considering a master clock for my dCS Clock and EtherREGEN switch. However, I'm a tad confused about the options when looking at the Cybershaft order page. I gather you purchase a unit with LPS built-in and plug into the wall, or add an external LPS and choose it via a switch, or buy one w/o built-in LPS and add an external LPS. Seems the second alternative, though more expensive, is a safety net of sorts. Am I right about these options? Also, I'm wondering about the best options for clock cabling. I'm using Transparent XLD 1.5M ones today from dCS Vivaldi Clock to DAC and Upsampler. Would it be best to keep getting same brand and lenght for the Cybershaft? And would replacing the power cable for the Cybershaft make much of a difference, based on your experience? If so, would either Shunyata or Synergistic Research be viable alternatives? By the way, I'd be plugging into an existing Shunyata DPC-6.

Sorry for all the questions. This would be a purchase based on faith. Normally I don't expend this sort of money in the absence of auditioning. But it seems clear I've no option unless I go with another offering, such as a Mutec Ref 10 SE120. And I don't know whether any of their dealers provide a return policy if you're dissatisfied.