View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 09:43 PM
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakegt3 View Post
I've gone through a very similar journey. The things about live music that stand out are the midrange presence, the physical scale of the music, and the effortless power of a symphony. I've structured my system to try to recreate that experience and, in particular, to emphasize realistic midrange reproduction.
Wow, that is very similar. I noticed that when I started (somewhat unconsciously changing my system to better reproduce classical... acoustic, that most all other music types got better (maybe not Rock)... but jazz, electronic, world and of course classical. Befor that a move that made electronic sound better made the rest sound less good.

After I wrote above I thought:

- Less slam but better and more ubiquitous bass

- The whole first as well as the parts... instead of optimizing all the parts. Great gestalt
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.