View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 01:22 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
FYI, Vibrapods will take the finish right off of anything they touch. That includes any brand speakers, and any furniture finish.

@Beatlebum: My advice is to get some beeswax cloth, and put a single layer of it between the speaker and the platform it rests on. Or, cut approx. 1" square and put a square at each corner of the stand's speaker platform. The beeswax cloth will couple the speaker's cabinet mechanically to the stand to provide mechanical grounding, and also provide some constrained layer damping.

Then, as Delija mentioned, put some appropriate footers under the stands they are on. My recommendation would be IsoAcoustics Gaia or A/V Roomservice EVPs of the appropriate weight specification (For the IsoAsoustics, Gaia II or III depending on the weight of the speaker/stand combination). For EVPs, likely the high density EVPs. This will make a BIG difference, mostly in that it will make the room notably quieter.

Lastly, get the speaker cables off the floor. My recommendation would be the Shunyata Dark Field Minis; cheap at a box of 12 for $100.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 07-01-2021 at 01:25 AM.