View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 11:34 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
I am sure you have way more insider information then I . Hopefully I am wrong. My point is that McIntosh and Sonus Faber are great brands to be associated with. Expensive Hi Fi seems to be more popular amount boomers then millennials judging by my own experience and observation. I think the new ARC Mono amps with the see through meters are beautiful but lets face it for what they cost you can buy a car and are a niche product . Maybe ARC with be creative, they will sell online at a lower price like PS audio or offer trade ins, I don’t know ? With not many brick and mortar stores around to see and hear Hi Fi its a challenge to get new customers as the boomers die out. I am happy to see McIntosh and Sonus Faber getting into auto Hi FI
Lots to discuss.

Sonus faber benefits far more from the relationship with ARC than vice versa. ARC is an electronics icon celebrating its 50th anniversary, perhaps second only to McIntosh in customer loyalty in high end audio. The new management team will reward that loyalty. Those customers are not locked into one high end speaker brand but more across a who's who of respected high end audio performers. That affords far more exposure than a single speaker maker can bring to ARC.

Knowing the ARC guys as I do, there likely will be fewer dealers with higher customer service expectations than in the recent past. There are more than enough brick and mortar stores that will/do fit that relationship expectation. A real trade-in program (as opposed to a limited time, inflated value trade-in based sales program) is a difficult thing to enact with electronics, but if anyone is in position to do it, it is ARC. The team has a respect for their customers that fits among a handful of high end manufacturers. Certainly the post COVID world will change some things, but I can all but guarantee that ARC will not do anything like what PS Audio is doing, at least not as long as the current team owns ARC. That's just not in their or ARC's DNA.

I truly believe this is a win/win for all involved and am very excited to see all that comes from it.

Last edited by metaphacts; 08-28-2020 at 07:57 AM.