View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 01:19 PM
Go Dawgs

Jim - Yes, that's the exact way I tried with my Britannia B2s.....you had to attach the black wire to a chassis screw. They must have changed something with the design of the S series because in the manual, it specifically shows to wire them the way you have above except now it says to float or not connect the black wire to anything at all. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact I'm trying to run stereo (L and R) and not dual subs......I have no idea at this point? I just assume there has to some compatibility issue here because there is no way in the world a pair of 212 SEs should have that low of an output. I've done some searching on the web and it seems most people have the opposite problem and have to do something to lower volume output.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3