View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarmstrong View Post
Dave, I have not rolled any tubes in my preamp. Using the stock tubes which came with the preamp.
The preamp is very quiet. With the volume maxed out in a silent room I can not hear any hiss from about 1ft from the speaker. I can pick up a very slight hiss around 8" from the speaker. As quiet as any SS preamp I have used.
Take this with a grain of salt because this is a comparison not in the same system but other systems which I listen to on a regular basis. My impressions: Compared to McIntosh c1100, the Auris has more detail and is less warm. Compared to ARC Ref6SE, Auris has similar detail and a bit warmer.
Thanks kaarmstrong. These are some very helpful comparisons, particularly with the Ref 6SE. That was also on my shortlist, but I knocked it off based on comparisons others have made with the Pass XP22 preamp.
SF Stradivari, Aric Audio Motherlode XL preamp and Super KT Parallel amps; Pass XP 27, Raven One TT, Graham Phantom II arm, Lyra Etna Lamda, Airtight PC1, Bryston 3.14 DAC, Transparent Reference & Wireworld, dedicated treated room 17 X 34 X 9