View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 02:45 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
Thanks Puma Cat (Stephen?)! Overall, it was your positive advice that led me to this highly appreciated addition. I wasn’t overly impressed with my F228Be speakers, surprised, given all of the hype they have received. I actually considered selling them. After making the Shunyata Research addition, I am very happy!
That's great news, Dave, really happy it has worked out so well for you.

I see a lot of folks "chasing upgrades", most notably speakers, amps, pres, etc. in search of putting together an engaging and compelling sound system, all the while not considering or minimizing the importance of providing maximal DTCD and mitigating RF, EMI and internal power supply noise by using products e.g. a Shunyata power distributor, NR power cables and wall receptacle. The impact of the Shunyata QR/BB device on a system is singular and unique and really change the nature of the presentation in compelling ways. These things are foundational, IMHO, and once folks implememnt and install them, they often find they can stop "chasing" upgrades. What your speakers were doing were actually revealing problems elsewhere in your system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM
I voiced these impressions on the Revel Owners Thread on the avsforum and was accused of spam and not staying on topic. They then revoked my permissions for posting on that thread! Amazing how closed minded many of that site’s members are and how the administrators have no problem censoring opinions that differ from the majority and mostly ignorant members. I don’t think they can handle the truth that their beloved Revels can be significantly improved by use of a top quality power distributor and cable. Their loss.
Wow, unbelievable. Its a system, after all, the various components interact.

IMHO, you're better off not wasting time with a closed-minded community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM
The Shunyata Research Denali is sitting proudly on the center shelf of my wooden rack! I have no carpeting in my home other than a few area rugs.
That's a good place for it. I don't know how many days you've had it, but it will continue to improve as it fully settles in over a period of 10 to 14 days. As for rugs, an area rug under the speakers will help with floor bounce. Just a suggestion for consideration. Also, consider those EVPs for your speakers once you get them set up and positioned permanently.

Really great to hear that you're happy.

Stephen aka PC...
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 08-16-2020 at 02:53 PM.