View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You have such an elegant simple system. Beautiful! Could you comment on how the Q-sub interfaces with your M3's?
Actually, the Q-subs are not delivered yet. I'm currently using a pair of REL subs but the answer is the same. I used an audio tool to measure my room's frequency response. I had a big bass dip in the 30-50Hz region of the spectrum. The rest of the plot was really quite flat. I couldn't get rid of the suck-out with any manipulation of speakers or listening position without hurting the response in the other 90% of the spectrum. Put the subs in place. Cut them at 50Hz and measured the response a few more times adjusting their volume until I had a fairly flat response over 15-100Hz. I noticed that the overall presentation (soundstage, 3D images) improved although I can't explain why. I'm currently happy with the sound but the allure of having both Magico speakers and the Magico subs was too much to resist. When they arrive in a few weeks, I'll get some help setting them up from the Magico dealer and a Magico employee who helps with most hi end set ups of this nature. I'll post the results. Probably May before all this happens.

Eric
Magico Q-Sub 15 Subwoofers (2)
Transparent Opus Gen5 speaker cables and Interconnects
PS Audio P20 regenerator
Roon file management