Thread: TT3 thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulveling View Post
The Azule might be in for a tough ride - Koetsus seem to like mass and stability. The TT3 looks like it has extremely low moving mass in both the vertical and horizontal. That can be OK in the vertical, to keep the resonant frequency positioned above most warps (like the Dynavector 507 arm does). But with low horizontal mass and low compliance - large bass modulations might just push the cart around, rather than generating the actual bass? At least the stone body has some mass on its own, which helps.

I tried a Koetsu Jade on my Clearaudio Universal 12" and though it sounded fairy dull, so carbon fiber wands might not be a great match either. But then if your Azule falls on the less warm side (for a Koetsu), then it might be an OK pairing. The Jade is warm, even for a Koetsu, and it was not a good match. I haven't heard an Azule yet so not sure where it falls. All the Koetsus do great on the Fidelity Research FR64fx / FR64S arms or a Graham Phantom (I have a Phantom II Supreme) - arms which don't really cost very much compared to your other hardware - probably worth investing in one of those, plus an armboard to get the most out of your beautiful Koetsu.

I expect the Dynavector cartridge should do nicely on both Clearaudio arms!
Agree. I would stick with Clearaudio or Benz for the TTS3. Compliance 14-15 range. I have a daVinci V2 on the TTS3 and it is an excellence match.
Wilson Alexia V; ARC Ref 6SE; ARC Ref Phono 3SE; Boulder 1160; Esoteric K1X; Artisan Fidelity Garrard 301 Statement; Ikeda 407; Koetsu Leopard, Coralstone; Shunyata Denali 6000T; Shunyata AC cables; Siltech Prince speaker cables; Siltech Princess interconnects, Avondale II phono.