Thread: Urc mx980
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad.Wagner View Post
The MRX-1 does not appear to work well with the MX-980 since the MRX-1 is a network based device and the MX-980 does not appear to be able to use RS-232 data from the MRX-1. Am I missing something?

I had thought I would pick up a MRX-1 along with the iPad app to go with a MX-980 and a MSC-400, but it appears that the MRX-1 and an iPad can not communicate with the MSC-400. IR commands could be send between the two devices, but RS-232 and state information does not appear to be shared. The MSC-400 has memory and macros which can be triggered from the remotes, but not from any IP based devices like the iPad.

I can not find a product similar to the MSC-400 for wireless devices in the Control Complete world. The Total Control world is another world with different remotes. The MRX-10 (Total Control product) does appear to be similar to the MSC-400 but will not work with the MX-980.

I am new to the URC world so please help me correct any confusion with my investigation.

Thanks.

Chad
I don't know much about either & given that the documentation is essentially locked up at the dealer level, I am reluctant to venture down this acquisition path. I understand that the newer MRX-2 is a better bridge between the two systems.