View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glisse View Post
Nice review, Tony. I was not aware that Linn have now integrated Qobuz, which I have, in addition to Tidal, which I don't have. So that is good news. I use Shunyata Z-PC10 power cables with the DSM and Klimax Solo amps, and am very happy with them. They will ameliorate that slight hardness in the upper mid range. I see your DSM is not the current model, and assume you are aware of that. The latest specification does smooth out the upper mid range as well: my upgraded DSM has returned from Scotland, and I am very happy with it. My old board came back in a Klimax Renew case. Whilst the upgrade is expensive, you can recover a considerable percentage of it back by selling the Renew. But this can be done at any time, or not at all.
thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I did just add a Z-PC10 to the DSM and am hearing a difference, not sure though if it's the cable or just the system burning in. What makes you think my DSM is not current? I purchased new from a dealer, so thought it was the latest.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2