View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRibeiro View Post
Indeed, after reading lots of nice recomendations here, Gabriel included, on the Venon NR12 blocking all kinds of noise, I got one and was very pleased with it on my Hypsos/Nucleus/Roon. And being a much more recent technology I admit it also surpasses the higher grade in line (at its time...) Alpha HC and Alpha Digital...
I imagine there is some variability based on the component. A server dumps out noise that can be harmful to other components so the better/newer filter having the advantage.

My sense was that the Alpha HC was a quieter cable in itself than the Venom NR12. A Delta NR v2 was even quieter. By that I mean that it seemed as if the quieter cords introduced less grain into the signal. What was astonishing was how obvious this was to the eye with my 65” LG OLED. What I saw mirrored what I heard in my two channel system. Colors were more saturated with less grain. A lot less grain relative to the Venom NR12. It bummed me out as I didn’t want to spend any more than what I paid foe the Venom NR12, but after seeing the degradation to the picture, I had to.

I’m not sure the kind of noise I heard would impact a server as much. I will say though that a Delta NR v2 was a significant upgrade over the Alpha HC on my Antipodes server. It was actually stunning to me that a power cord brought that level of improvement to a server.

I ended up selling one of my Venom NR12s with the other powering the Marantz receiver in my AV system. A Delta NR v1 ended up replacing the Alpha HC powering the power block in my AV system as I preferred the thinner cord. On my main system, each of the power cords are Delta v2 except on my two network switches where I use the excellent Venom V14 Digital.
Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri power cords, QSA Lanedri Revelation XLR interconnect, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256