View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb123 View Post
The Venom V12 delivers a heck of a bang for the buck, but it was easily trounced by an Alpha HC both with my DAC and in the power block that feeds my AV system. The Alpha Digital was just under the Alpha HC in that lineup so the V12 should be more competitive with it. But I think that ΞTRON technology in those Alphas really did work some wonders as far as reducing noise.
Thank you Kenny. Really apreciate your comment, based on your experience.

I presume you have seen my Shunyata PC loom on the page before this, crossing several generations, from the new NR v2, NR v1, to the ΞTRON that you seem to know very well (Alpha HC was my fav from that time, then the Alpha Digital that was always with my Wadia before being swaped by the Alpha NR v2).

Every time I upgrade my system, more resolution, like it was the case with the recent arrival of the WA DAW and TA Opus, I have to spend some time cleaning one more level of (afterwards exposed) noise. Some effort spent on it.

Indeed, after reading lots of nice recomendations here, Gabriel included, on the Venon NR12 blocking all kinds of noise, I got one and was very pleased with it on my Hypsos/Nucleus/Roon. And being a much more recent technology I admit it also surpasses the higher grade in line (at its time...) Alpha HC and Alpha Digital...

In the near future I plan to evaluate an Everest PD which I think will bring more sinergy with all the 7 Shunyata PCs, so as aquiring a Sigma XC for it. But till the budget allows me such steps, I'm rolling the PCs to maximize performance with what I have.

I got today some Shunyata adapters C15/C19 and vice versa. So I will try the Alpha HC (C19) on the PS Audio 10 that feed all my system, and the then the Sigma NR v1 (C15) on the GS150 Amp (C19).
Wilson Audio DAW, ARC Ref6, Ref3 Ph, ARC 160M, Wadia s7i, Nucleus+ Roon (Hypsos), Bergman Magne TT (LPS) / Lyra Delos. TA Opus g5 SC and IC, K Select Ag phono Cables, Shunyata Everest T8000 w/SR XC, Shunyata Sigma XC and NR PCs, FT-SWS outlets, Shunyata Sigma USB and Omega Ethernet, EtherRegen switch and Optical converter w/ lps, QNAP NAS w/ 120W lps. Emporium/Pagode Finite Element Racks, Herbies Rings, Sort Kones DC/TC, Ceraball, N. Gritty.

Last edited by RRibeiro; 07-29-2021 at 07:30 PM.