View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 08:25 PM

Default Final Letterman Show

How many of you will be watching or recording Letterman's final show this evening? I was never a late night talk show follower or big DL fan. i would occasionally watch Leno especially his Monday "Headlines" feature. I started watching Fallon but his shtick wore off very quickly. It is too much about him and although he is talented in many areas he does terrible interviews. He doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

So as Letterman was getting down to his last weeks we started watching his show. I must say I have enjoyed these last several weeks. Top of the line quests. It has been fun to see how some artists have interacted with Dave these past 33 years and watching them change over time.

Letterman was ahead of his time and so different from Carson or Leno. Now we are left with the dumbing down of late night TV with the likes of Fallon, Kimmel and Conan (is he still on?). I wish my wife would get rid of the TV in the bedroom. I will miss Letterman and really didn't know it 'till the past couple of months.