View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 11:52 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
I have a slightly different take. I find that, rather than paying more attention to the music, the end of the short side breaks my focus on the music. A side that was meant to be listened to in its entirety is now interrupted, breaking my concentration and enjoyment. I agree there can be an improvement in sound quality, but for me it's not worth it because of the impact it has on the flow of the music and the listening experience.
I understand your point. I grew up in the 50’s forward, so flipping records isn’t a distraction for me, just part of the overall experience. We collected singles. I have tons of singles even now. For me, The Beatles is best served on singles … it’s just the way we played them - part of my experience.

So, I’m use to it and for me I listen closer, because I know I have to get up at a particular point and do the flip. IMO I’ve became a better listener because of it. I hear details that otherwise I may have missed. And I so enjoy those details.

But I understand your point and so I have a lot of 33s as well and of course CDs and streaming …. but ultimately the 45s continue to impress and I get more than one (two) song now!

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.