View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 04:35 AM

Default Yvette or Sasha DAW for midsized room and rock music

Hey,
so I`ve ended my long search for new speakers to make a step up from my current setup - these will be my first Wilson Audios (coming from 15 years B&W - currently 802 Diamonds D2). I am really torn between the Yvette and the Sasha DAW (Sabrina X is not an option).

Room is 12 by 21 feet (and treated with bass traps, diffusion panels and absorbers). Amps McIntosh C52 and Mc452.

Listening is mainly rock orientated - actually even more alternative from Ska, Psychobilly, Rockabilly, Punk, Oi!, and some Folk and Country. I am NOT an audiophile listener in a sense that I pick my music by terms of quality recordings - obviously I love a great recording - but I come from subcultural scenes and put music and scene first - way before SQ and search for audiophile recordings. So I would suppose 80% of my records are produced well enough but certainly not audiophile.

The rythm section as well as bass slam and imaging will be very important as well as a natural and rich sound (really need the double/upright slap bass to stand in the room and vocals to be organic) - I don`t think that I need the speakers to dig way below 35 hz though - as I don`t have a lot of music that goes that deep (what would that be anyways? - an organ or such?).

I am certain both will be a huge leap up from my 802 Diamonds - I can get an amazing deal on Yvettes (and I love their looks) - could make the stretch to the Sasha DAW if necessary though - just wondering if they will make so big a difference considering musical taste and room size.

Can`t hear them side by side and especially not both in my room - any thoughts?

Last edited by bruno2009; 04-24-2022 at 01:21 PM.