View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 10:56 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwhcfi View Post
A bad experience is not utter nonsense. My story is factual. Let me be clear ... Ayre make good gear. The problem is their current customer service rep. Alex Brinkman is not an original employee. HE is THE problem in my experience.
I don't have a problem with someone venting about a problem with a service issue, my comment was directed at the whole......"well, based on this situation Ayre should go on a do not buy list". If that were the case, then every company on the planet would be on a do not buy list since no one is perfect and all companies make mistakes. My point was that Ayre is universally known to have some of the best service in high end audio and to say that you shouldn't buy their products based on this situation is nonsense, which it is. A more sensible comment would be that maybe anyone thinking about purchasing this high end DAC from Ayre may want to hold off for now until this situation is resolved or take a look at offerings from other manufacturers. From what I know about Charles Hansen, he would do anything and everything to take care of his customers.
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3