View Single Post
Old 09-19-2022, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsmoke View Post
What speakers are people using w their amps? I have Heresy IVs but have been searching for something new. It’s hard finding speakers the pair well w low power amps. Some panic requirements. Has to have a small footprint, be able to be fairly close to a wall and cost less then $5k. I was considering the Zu Audio Union 6s

OK, so let me tell this story again, perhaps with some additional details.

Dennis wants to build and sell more speakers. He came up with an open baffle design and tasked myself and a friend to build them for him. After some trial and error this is what we came up with...

Untitled by Analog Addict, on Flickr

These have languished for quite awhile because none of us besides Dennis had the time to devote to really driving this enterprise. Now that I am semi retired, we have decided to resurrect the idea and once again offer these speakers for sale.

Now as to the sound, understand this. These are Inspire badged speakers. They were developed with the specific goal to pair them with Inspire pre amps and amps. They have been voiced via an ultra high quality, custom Had designed crossover to reproduce the sound created by your Inspire gear like no other speaker system. NONE. nada.

If you want the ultimate combination and also want listen to the best sound that your Inspire gear can produce, then these are the speakers you have been looking for. My buddy, who we'll call the Toolman, and I have carefully crafted each pair one at a time because even though our names aren't on the speakers, our blood, sweat and tears are infused into every grain of wood and drop of varnish.

As an example of the extraordinary amount of time, effort and attention to detail put into the design and manufacturing of these speakers, zoom in on the Inspire logo centered in the front port. Have you seen anyone else put that amount of detail into a logo??? If we put that much effort into the logo, imagine how much love and care went into the rest of the build? My shoulder hurts just thinking about how many hours ( and blisters) in just hand sanding that we put into building these magnificent speakers.

The Karelian Birch pair has already sold to Hoosier Hi Fi and his thoughts and listening impressions can be found here

The Ziracote pair is now for sale and can be shipped if desired, but I would heartily recommend a trip to Cary NC to visit the Toy Shop and listen for yourself. And as a bonus, you get to meet the Man himself....

The sale info can be found here...

and more pix can be found here

We are planning on making another pair of the Karelian Birch and in all honesty, we can build a pair with whatever veneer you might want, as long as we are able to source it. Of course, prices will vary accordingly.

Feel free to PM me if you have any interest or any additional questions