View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_v View Post
Preliminary:
Finally, I was able to hear both side by side.

Unequivocally, for me, the 802D4 is best speaker I have experienced (for my preferences and biases) in a medium sized room.
Wow, great review Joey.

Thanks for sharing the experience in such detail.
Being able to organize a direct A-B comparison is absolutely invaluable, so well done on that. It's great too that you went in without any real preconceptions or expectations. The D4's have obviously delivered improvements in areas and ways that were unexpected but which amount to a more compelling and rewarding experience. Obviously, another (not insignificant) step closer to perfection and reality.

I'll be auditioning the 801D4's very soon now, - when Edgar from SSA has finished and authored his official review. He hasn't given too much away as yet but he did text me with the words "rather spesh" when he started the audition. His reference speakers are Wilson Alexia 2's, so that counts for something. He also mentioned a secret document that lists a lot of revisions and improvements (applicable to all models) that weren't made public - in order to protect valuable IP. Obviously, I won't get to see the doc, but the very existence may explain some of what you're hearing.