View Single Post
Old 02-11-2023, 05:51 AM

Midlife Crisis red is a beautiful color and fits my age, my car and the speakers. but joking aside, I actually wanted something in chrome, but I didn't like the sound tuning of Jadis at all. Symphonic Line has a tube pre, very good, but also very expensive. I was a customer of the former Cary Audio distributor 30 years ago and so the circle closed to the products of Inspire. The best choice I have ever made!!!

The correct name of the power amplifier is 300b DJH, forgot a letter, can happen at my age.

It has 2 driver tubes 6SL7, larger output transformers than the 300b-V and no volume regulator.

Where exactly the differences are I do not know, because I have no idea about the technology, but only good ears and I know what I like or not.

I am curious to see what the phono stage reacts more, to different 6SL7, the exchange of various 12AX7 / ECC83 or to the rectifier.

I would have to look in the basement, there should still be an old little Grado MI a Rega MM and an Ortofon MC of the entry-level class. But actually I like my Benz Glider HO which has served me very well over the years. An alternative could be a new Ortofon Cadenza Blue with the transformer or a Grado Timbre Master 3. But who knows what the near future will bring.

I will first deal with the set up as it is now to get the sound the way I like it. This will take some time and many attempts with tubes.