View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Serge, that's the 80% I agree with!

I also experienced too many big buck systems that didn't move me, or even annoyed me.
And then there were these modest systems that were so well put together that I was in tears (my criterium!).
Absolutely. The problem with audio is that the last ounce of performance will cost multiples of where one can be very happy. In that ultimate quest of "perfection" which is an elusive and a very subjective target with no real defining parameters other than audiophile dictionary adjectives and marketing hyperboles.

I cringe when I see the over $12k cables being offered for sale at less than 40 cents on the dollar and no one wants them... Eventually they get blown out and the process repeats... At one point they made someone very happy, now they can't wait to get rid of them. Guess what, I've been there myself..

At some point the merry go round stops and my $200 Transparent speaker cables are making me very happy and they are not going anywhere. For others the "journey" continues. Bon-voyage and happy travels.