View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev313 View Post
Hmmmm....in all honesty I've had 6 (Aurieges, Aurigies phono, Monbrison, VRx2, Model 77) Shindo pres now and that isn't my experience with any. I've tried several brands of ICs myself, and have consistently found them to be a bit more snug than average. The Furutech was the worst offender. I finally subscribed to the all Shindo theory. I honestly don't think Switchcraft is designed to take some of the connections from many high end brand ICs. I have no expertise with this, just my personal experience. Take it for what it is worth, I'm not a dealer, but I fear damage. I bought a used - vintage - Shindo pre. The females look like they were hollowed out. Same for some used Sinhonias I bought years ago. If I ever noticed that that I did not encounter resistance when inserting the IC, I'd send it back for inspection for damage.
So my Giscours and my Apetite may have been "raped". Well they still sound very good on every input but I will have them checked now that I know this resistance issue with damaged coils....
Thanks for the feed back.

Last edited by Jerome W; 05-31-2013 at 09:15 AM.