View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post

I use WireWorld cables, Van Den Hul, and various other brands with Neutrik RCA plugs and never had the feeling that I had to force them in the female Swithcraft. Quite the opposite actually for most of them. Only a Linn Silver cable showed a very little resistance when I plugged it...
Hmmmm....in all honesty I've had 6 (Aurieges, Aurigies phono, Monbrison, VRx2, Model 77) Shindo pres now and that isn't my experience with any. I've tried several brands of ICs myself, and have consistently found them to be a bit more snug than average. The Furutech was the worst offender. I finally subscribed to the all Shindo theory. I honestly don't think Switchcraft is designed to take some of the connections from many high end brand ICs. I have no expertise with this, just my personal experience. Take it for what it is worth, I'm not a dealer, but I fear damage. I bought a used - vintage - Shindo pre. The females look like they were hollowed out. Same for some used Sinhonias I bought years ago. If I ever noticed that that I did not encounter resistance when inserting the IC, I'd send it back for inspection for damage.