Thread: MDA1000 problem
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Pete View Post
Jean-Marc jmajma....the MDA1000 may, or may not play files above 96k correctly. Honestly, for me this is not a problem. When I do play hi-res files (which isn't all that often), it is from my laptop (using a Bryston BUC-1 USB converter) through JRiver. I simply set the JRiver config to output everything at 96k max. I really can't hear the difference between 96k and 192k on my DAC's that will decode it. In fact, I stopped buying 192k FLAC files from HD Tracks. Our late friend Dan was of the same opinion; he had stopped spending the extra money on 192k FLAC files.

Nothing beats the musicality of the MDA1000....I hope to hear some sort of update from the repair center today.
That's exactly my feeling, Pete.

For now, for the very few HiRes files, I use my BlueSound Node 2i's internal DAC which I find to be excellent by itself; I too use the Node 2i as a streamer, and through my Pioneer N7A AE internal DAC which accepts 192 files ( two DAC ESS SABRE ES9016 with 8 channels, working in parallel mode).

I did with my buddy (musician and audiophile) blind tests for comparison between all these DACs (MDA, Node, Pioneer) and between 44,&/96/192 files and we cannot find big differences.

hope you'll get very soon back your MDA.