View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 07:51 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by try1256 View Post
The 2 entry level Luxman integrated amps are made in China. 550,590,505 and 507 are made in Japan.
Are you sure this is still true? I just contacted what was LuxmanUSA and got a response from the IAG (International Audio Group) which is now the owner of the Luxman brand as well as Quad and a bunch of former British companies such as Quad & Leak. Have to admit I was saddened to learn my new Luxman SQ-N10 was made in China. Japan I can live with, but I shy away from China. The return address on their missive:

Luxman
IAG Group LTD.
Sanecore Science & Technology Industry Park, Jiuwei Village
Xixiang Town, Shenzhen,China 518102
Tel: +86-755-2748 4465 / Fax: +86-755-2965 1484
www.internationalaudiogroup.com
LUXMAN | Seeking higher sound quality

Revel & JBL are part of the Harmon International? Believe all of their products, other than Mark Levinson, which seems to be hanging in there in CT, are built in Asia (not necessarily China).

Edit: Have received my new Luxman SQ-N10. On the back of the amp and most places it states "designed & engineered by Luxman Japan", etc. However, on the box is a large label stating, "Made in China". On the flip side, it was as well packaged as any piece of gear I've owned and the fit & finish is just as good. Thus far it sounds great while breaking-in. Will give it a couple more days before setting it on the Stillpoints. Then let the tube rolling begin.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 04-09-2016 at 07:46 AM.