View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 01:56 PM
Semi-audiophile

^ ^ ^ ^
Had the audition, believe it or not. Compared the Plus speaker cable to my Kimber 12TC at a local dealer. I ended up ordering the Plus. It was a bit smoother on top, but pretty much identical otherwise. The same dynamic emerged when I compared Plus IC to Kimber Hero IC. Will be interesting to see how it sounds in my setup. Speakers were Sonus fabers, which were a bit warm.

I also did a Plus vs. Super IC comparison with both speaker cables. Very little difference; there was a perception that the Super was a tad more dynamic, but the difference wasn't huge; neither I nor the dealer thought it was. I stay put with the Plus SC and maybe later I'll think about the ICs. Maybe.

So this is a fantasy (of sorts) fulfilled. Besides, the Super ICs and SCs are twice the money of the Plus.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks