View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 01:09 AM
Cool, calm scientist

So, my First Sound preamp arrrived yesterday, and I have installed and started burning it in. I just did the first "cap forming" discharge/re-charge step that Emmanuel recommends after about a day of playing continuously. Emmanuel recommends doing this 2-3X a day to help with the cap forming as part of the burn-in process.

This unit arrived as a First Sound Presence Deluxe 4.0 MkIII-SI version with 2 external power supplies, Shunyata Research umbilicals, and the "super special edition" upgrade, so Emmanuel really delivered with this beautiful product.

The power supply has 145,200 uF of capacitance/channel for a total of 290,400 uF of power supply capacitance.

Will post some pics in the next day or so when I have some real light in the room.

Just another 13 days or so of continual playing with 2-3 cap forming sessions/day to go!
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 07-09-2020 at 01:45 AM.