View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 03:22 AM
George

I had a demo REF 9se for about 6 weeks with a metal remote similar to the one that came with my REF 5SE preamp. I also ordered a REF6se preamp. When I got my new CD9se it had a cheap plastic remote. I will admit it bothered me a lot. Makes me feel like a chump. You buy CD player that cost as much as a new car... something you could drive hundreds of thousands of miles and they give you a $5 plastic remote. If someone came over to my house to listen to my system I would be embarrassed to hand it to them... it is an insult to the buyer. When I was young I pursued sound quality at any price... including ugly. I am retired enjoying the rewards of my career. I have speakers beautifully crafted in Italy... well you get the idea. I am not a happy camper. I talked to my audio guy. He told me the new owner understood this was a really stupid move and is changing back to the metal ones and promised to get me one for my CD9se and for my REF6se preamp when it comes. I am much relieved as this is something I would have had a hard time letting go.
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.

Last edited by George Prentice; 01-26-2021 at 03:24 AM.