View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paltomare View Post
I would be interested in knowing what you end up with. I also have a T2 that I've been very happy with and it would be fun to have an alternate DAC to switch to on occasion. I do something similar in my second rig where I have a streamer feeding a DAC and the digital input of a CD player and I switch between the two via my Pre. Please keep us updated.
Hello Guys, it's been a while since we discussed all this DAC alternatives. After all your recommendations, I decided to pull the trigger on a Hugo TT2. It was exactly what I was looking for; Super detailed, dynamic and absolutely non fatiguing. I just sold my Lumin T2 last week, I enjoyed it a lot, and It was actually useful as streamer, sending a clean USB signal that improved even more the sound of the Hugo TT2. But to my surprise, I purchased an IFI zen stream to see if the Lumin was absolutely necessary in my system, and after some tests, the answer was a big NO. The Zen stream with a topping P50 LPS, was at least as good as the lumin T2 (actually non NAA compatible) plus the advantage of being able to be used as a streamer for Roon+HQplayer also. The result was so impressive that I am starting to aim to the new IFI NEO stream that is supposed to be even better with upgraded components and using Optical fiber for Isolation. The value of the IFi ZEN streamer is simply mind blowing.

Thank you very much @doggiehowser, your suggestion really upgraded my rig into another level.

Last edited by AudioFi; 09-27-2022 at 07:28 PM.