View Single Post
Old 07-14-2023, 04:18 PM

I think there have been significant improvements to binding posts over the years by many manufacturers. I think that Wilson, for example, has gradually improved their binding posts. One of the many qualities I like about Mac is that when they upgraded their binding posts, they were thoroughly re-engineered. A decade from now Mac will use this same binding post. It is imperative that good connections be made. This is the reason that I use balanced IC's. When I see an amplifier that is super expensive come out with upgraded binding posts, I wonder why they were not "upgraded" to begin with. One of the reasons I bought the 1.25KW was the binding posts. I never liked the old Mac binding posts at all. I think that hand tightening binding posts with your fingers with heavy expensive speaker cables and their spades lugs significantly inferior and really, simply a poor connection.

Best

Charles

Charles Updated System: Wilson McIntosh Audioquest

Amps: McIntosh: MC3500MKII (2); MC1.25KW (2); MC2.1KW An (1)
Preamp: C-12000 An
Sources: MCD12000 An; MVP881; MVP851; MR87; Marantz 510LV; ASUS laptop
Speakers: Wilson Chronosonic XVX
Sub-woofer: Wilson Thor’s Hammer; Wilson ActivXO Stereo Electronic Crossover
Cables main system: AQ: WEL Signature speaker cables; 24’ balanced IC; balanced 1-meter Dragon IC ; WEL Signature digital coaxial cable; digital coaxial cable; Diamond optical (2); Diamond USB; Dragon power cords (5 HC cords and 3 source cords); Thunder HC power cord
Cables subwoofer system: AQ: Redwood speaker cable; Wolf balanced subwoofer IC; Wind balanced IC from preamp to ActivXO; Hurricane HC (3); Hurricane Source (1); Dragon HC (1) power cords
Power conditioners: AQ Niagara 7000 (1); Niagara 5000 (3); (4) dedicated 20-amp lines.
Isolation: Wilson Pedestals; Bassocontinuo McIntosh Ultra Feet; X-material plinth
Cabinet: Double Custom Woodwork & Design (CWD)
Acoustic Treatments: Room and Echo Tunes

Last edited by Charles; 07-14-2023 at 04:23 PM.