Thread: Maui
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylee View Post
My wife and I took a much needed vacation to go to Hawaii in late August. We left our four kids in the care of their grandparents (on my side) and our au pairs so we could actually have a break from our young children. All of my inlaws from the Pac NW went as well.

Maui is simply beautiful. I highly recommend it to anyone. The weather is in the ideal zone where it's warm enough to go in the water yet breezy enough to keep you comfortable. We did a lot of swimming and snorkeling to view coral, sea turtles and tropical fish, went parasailing, drove up to the top of Haleakala (10,000 ft.), drove on the Road to Hana and hiked thru the Bamboo Rainforest, went to a luau, and I tried to learn how to surf with very limited success, LOL. I had a difficult time coming back and have thought since our return of retiring to Hawaii.
Glad to hear and not surprised that you had a great vacation; Maui is a personal favorite...the beaches, the diving, the food, upcountry complete with cowboys, cattle and great places to ride horses, Hana (and the road to it) and of course Haleakala that is other-worldly to say the least. Kaui and the Hilo and Kona coasts of the big island also inspire the same kind of awe for me and I dying to find a job that will let me live on Maui and let split my time between US and APAC/APJ clients !