View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 07:12 PM

I just bought a CX-260. It'll be my first Accuphase purchase. I mostly went with it because i like to integrate 2ch and HT and hope to find a Class A Accuphase amp or integrated if the CX-260 doesn't cut it as a pre. I do have an MX150 and MX120 that could do surround duty. I'm undecided on the exact path i'll take overall, but does anyone have any experience with the CX-260 as a 2ch preamp? Is it the same quality you'd expect from Accuphase reputation? Warm sound? As a 2ch pre, do you think it would be of superior quality than the MX150 with Room Perfect or the MX120 with Pure Analog? I know the MX150 will be best of the 3 for movies with Room Perfect, but 2ch is priority and the MX150 could help fund an Accuphase integrated or power amp.

One dilemma- i'm very used to McIntosh convenience. Trigger In/Out on all their units so 1 click of a remote and my whole system shuts on or off. With Accuphase, they have no trigger in/outs. They usually have the outlets. I'm curious what is safe to power with the Acuphase.
For Example:
Accuphase outlet with 3 prong adapter powering ->McIntosh MX150 and from the MX150 i send out trigger out to my amps? Now everything turns on/off with the Accuphase remote? Of course this becomes more difficult when i add an Accuphase integrated or power amp. Will a McIntosh MX150, MC7106 or MC202 be safe to power on with the Acccuphase outlet?

Last question: EXT. PRE IN. This is essentially a home theater bypass/pass thru? CX260 Balanced EXT. PRE IN to MX150 L/R Balanced OUTs. Does the CX260 then just send the power amp signal via PRE OUTs connected to it-through to the MX150? Is the EXT. PRE IN programmable through remote or is it only manual button push?

Appreciate any info gents. Can't wait to hear my first Accuphase unit!