Thread: Lumin P-1
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 02:42 AM
Cool, calm scientist

So, I've had the Lumin P1 playing continuously last coupla three days, even when the wonderful Constellation Inpiration integrated is turned off, and I estimate the Lumin P1 has about 60 hours on it at this point. And....it is sounding really wonderful, even at this fairly early point. My guess is it will continue to improve with more hours, and I'll cycle it off for a spell tomorrow to help with forming the caps, but so far...I am very impressed. It has superb transparency, clarity, inner detail, a natural, lovely, tonal palette and excellent rendition of timbre and texture, along with a spacious and wide soundstage (wider than the Linn, for example). And like the excellent Aurender N20 streamer/server, the P1's stereo image has excellent 3-dimensionality and "palpability" to the instrumental and vocal "voices"; there's weight and body to the images and vocals.

Peter Lie of Lumin has been helpful for arranging for me to get the L1 music server as well, so I'll add that in to the mix when it gets here.

I haven't heard all that many "all-in-one" 1-box streamer/DAC/preamp combos, most notably the Linn Klimax DSM/3, and the P1 fully holds its own with the Linn on pretty much every front, and actually presents a wider soundstage. And for 1/4 the price.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.