Thread: RCM thoughts
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 04:56 PM

I have owned a Clearaudio Double Matrix RCM for about 8 months and obtain fabulous results with it. The Double Matrix cleans both sides of a record at the same time but is not ultrasonic. Instead, its miniature cleaning brushes (three a side) in the double arm are vibrated micro-sonically. A big advantage of the CADM is that all of the proprietary cleaning liquid and the accompanying dirt are vacuumed off of the record and disposed of in a holding tank for later drainage. One has a very clean, dry record after a 3 minute process. An ultrasonic RCM with which I do have extensive experience is the Kirmuss, which is clearly inferior to the CADM. The CADM and the VPI 16.5 are in entirely different leagues. The quietude and 'black background' of queuing bands after cleaning with a CADM is often amazing. Not cheap, but I have no qualms recommending it to those who are looking for a superior RCM.

Bob
__________________________________________________ ______
Sources: Clearaudio Jubilee MC/Clearaudio Innovation Wood TT w/Universal Arm 9”; MCT500 CD/SACD transport; OPPO 205; NAD C446 Internet Tuner; Nakamichi 670ZX cassette deck. Electronics: MacIntosh C2700 preamp w/DA2 and MC462 power amp. Speakers: Wilson Yvettes Headphones: MacIntosh MHP 1000 Interconnects: Transparent G5 balanced and speaker cables; MCT - MCT500 -> C2700.Power cords: Transparent (on preamp, power amp and transport). Surge protected. Record and CD maintenance : Clearaudio Double Matrix Professional Sonic RCM; L’Art du Son CD treatment.

Last edited by Bob Bubeck; 12-12-2021 at 01:27 PM. Reason: More detailed info.