View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 04:55 AM

Thank you Masterlu, great to be here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkorbal View Post
It would be wrong for me to suggest the best course of action for you. Too little information and I’m not familiar with the 105 other than to now it’s an older model. What I will suggest is for you to get acquainted with your new system and decide if streaming is the direction you want to go next. I prefer streaming for ease and availability while Roon is great for finding new artists.

Also, since you mentioned Sonos let me suggest you consider Bluesound products. You’ll notice I have more than a few devices which my wife and I use when we are not critically listening. Whole house listening while cleanings, cooking and eating. I like the DACs in Bluesound devices over Sonos devices. I started out using the Vault2i as my initial way (Vault2i to DA2) of streaming. Now for critical listening like I said before I prefer Roon to Opticalrendu to DA2 but I’m always thinking what is better. I believe my next step will be adding a separate DAC such as a Lampizator Baltic 3. Hope that helped.

Thank you for your suggestion, much appreciated. So in your case, the Vault 2i is connected through Coax to the C2700 when you sit and listening to music and USB (or other connection?) to the receiver when you want to play music around the house? I initially thought to use the Oppo for that but even their app is not working anymore and since I do not have any CD's, I think I will have to sell it eventually as I dont see how I integrate it in my current equipment.