View Single Post
Old 02-16-2023, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgn-dt-n View Post
A pair of Inspire speakers would be worth a sin, but then I get into trouble with the best of all wives. I could only install a set up in the bedroom, but that means war and I don't need it.

But the other way around, the speakers in the office with the Podzus Görlich drivers are fast, transparent, can convey emotions and timbres and have sufficient bass. Last but not least, they have a high efficiency. It is not for nothing that the new developments of the chassis in the Zelaton loudspeakers are sinfully expensive.

And my horn in the living room plays in another league.
I've been listening to speakers of this brand for almost 30 years and I like the sound.
It is only one of the smaller models of Acapella, but in the range around 30 thousand € I have heard nothing better so far.

I think Dennis is one of the best when it comes to the development of tube amplifiers, and Alfred Rudolph is the counterpart when it comes to building loudspeakers. Both are exceptional talents in their field who belong to the world elite. It's hard to beat them.

All my devices were developed by old pensioners (sorry) who do not follow a trend. With other manufacturers there is an MK2, 3 or 4 version in a short time. If you don't have to prove anything as a developer and only bring devices on the market that have been developed to the end, you don't need updates every month.

I've had my Symphonic Line CD player for 20 years. once the drive rubber from the drawer was defective, and in 2019 the device received an update to the bel canto version. I've never given a thought to another player. For me, this is the end game. I tried some network players but except for the models of Request Audio and Acousence they were no better.
This would be an investment that would not benefit me.

And with new speakers, I could get weak with an acapella horn with ion tweeters, but I would have to win the lottery.

But the thought of another set up hasn't quite died yet.....
Well, these would be much smaller speakers. More bookshelf size that will punch way above their weight class. Your Frau may not even notice them, and if she does, you would be honestly able to say they cost a mere fraction of your big speakers….