View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgn-dt-n View Post
Hi
I see the thing with the electricity exactly the other way around.
If you ride a bike and the dynamo drives a normal lamp, then you can see the current fluctuations on the light.
I think the electricity, the cables, the installation of the devices and the room deserve the same importance as the HiFI devices themselves.
The overall result can only be as good as the worst component.
If there is a mistake at the front, it is potentiated and in the end the result can be good, but not the optimum.
I wanted to buy a new amplifier over 25 years ago and tried it at home. the dealer also gave some cables to try.
I opted for other power and chinch cable.
the difference was much greater than the replacement of the amplifier.
I invested the money in power supply, cables and resonance optimization. This was the best decision from the cost / benefit calculation that I have not regretted so far.
I won't begrudge you your enjoyment. The bottom line is that when it comes to gear we will fined enjoyment in different ways. Some want the most "accurate" gear, some want the flashiest, some want to tweak, etc. There are many different flavors of audiophiles but there is a distinct fault line concerning cables and tweaks. I'm on the side that just isn't very interested in that stuff. I get the feeling that Dennis isn't either. I get the feeling that most amp builders feel the same. A tweak for him is a different coupling cap! I'll keep enjoying different input and output tubes.