Thread: dCS Bartok
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 10:39 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
How would you describe the Rossini sound signature.
Hey Jason, I would characterize it as pretty much down the middle but if I had to pick one side I would say it's on the warmer side of 50/50. A couple of years ago, myself and AA members Tim and Steve did a side by side comparison of the Bartok and the nice Bricasti DAC of equal price. We all thought the dCS was slightly warmer and more analog sounding while the Bricasti was a bit more revealing and detailed, but keep in mind, splitting hairs here. Some music sounded better on the dCS and some on the Bricasti. The Rossini definitely takes it up a notch from both of those. I've also read (and heard) that many dCS fans prefer the Rossini stack to the Vivaldi stack as the Rossini comes off as slightly more musical. I have never heard the slightest bit of digital harshness from mine. Another point it that dCS allows you to choose from multiple digital filters which can tailor the sound to your liking, although the differences are slight. The Rossini also gives you a lot of flexibility with inputs......you can use it as a digital pre if ever needed, ability to add the external clock and my main reason, the dual AES inputs which allow it to receive a direct DSD signal from dCS's SACD Rossini transport which was a big deal to me since I have a lot of SACDs.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3