View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 10:44 AM
Rebellious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiiii View Post
The first thing I would do is get rid of the yamaha processor and upgrade to a Mac MX 121. I love my 120 especially in the pure analog mode for stereo recordings. Mac processors are so much smoother and though you don't have all the options for effects the yamaha has the Mac processors are better for letting the original studio effects come thru for you to experience. If you want to make a stereo recording into something more you can do that, too, but not to the extent of the Yamaha. I'm not a tube lover anymore did that in the 60's and 70's and have no desire to go back. So I'll keep my MC 207's. They are sweet amps and don't take up to much space.
TWiii, welcome! I am certain I have had an exchange with you elsewhere on the audio centric internet sites.

I am selling the Klipschorns. (see FS: Speakers) I can't fit them in every house I move to! They are by far some of the best sounding speakers and live up to the hype and certainly their spec'd performance rating.

I will keep my eyes out for a MX121/151. The yamaha's sound modes are some of the reasons why I have not moved on. They are fully configurable and provide near limitless customization. Watching NFL in 5.1 Dolby Digital is good, but flip that setting to the Sports Mode and it does make a difference in the surround field. I hear people clapping, chatting, yelling, you name it-- adds to the "you are there experience." I also use the Live/Acoustic sound modes for some music. Still, when I flip back to 2 Channel thru the C2500, the sound is better, but without the euphonic multichannel aspect.