View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
You don't need to move your Roon Nucleus downstairs. And you don't need to buy an OpticalRendu for making the downstream optical connection as you already have an EtherREGEN. The EtherREGEN provides you will 4 RJ45 ports, so you can connect other networked items to it.

To connect from your EtherREGEN you will need what is called a "network bridge" to connect the EtherREGEN to your DAC with your Omega Ethernet cable.

There's a lot of choices with respect to network bridges; you could get a SOtM SMS-200 UltraNeo, an UltraRendu or even the new microRENDU from Sonore. Other alternatives are a Raspberry Pi 4, or at the high end, an Auralic Aries G2.1 or Innuous Zen.

Here's a diagram depicting what I've referred to above.

Puma Cat, thanks for getting me back on track with this setup. I think I was putting more into to the setup than needed.

So how does this sound:

Downstairs

Modem via Cat6 to Asus Router
Asus Router via Cat6 to Sonore Optical Module Deluxe
Optcal Module Deluxe fiber optic 100ft to EtherRegen upstairs

Upstairs

Fiber Optic into EtherRegen Venom Ethernet side a to Mx170(for ip address to use my ipadas a remote control only)
Sigma ethernet side a to Apple TV+
Omega ethernet side b to Roon Nucleus+ for streaming Qobuz and Tidal
Omega USB to McIntosh C53 preamplifier Roon Endpoint

I dont know if I need a network bridge in the above configuration?

And using the After Dark OCXO 75 clock with a Sigma or Omega cable going to the EtherRegen.

How does that sound? As always I really appreciate your input on helping me better my system