View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crion2 View Post
Sure, that works and will isolate pretty good.
Crion2, PumaCat with your advice I called Sonore and ordered a Optical Module Deluxe. I have also decided to take you advice and put it down stairs by the router and order a 30 meter sfp optical cable to run to upstairs.

When talking to them they told me(as you guys did to) that I needed to move the Roon Nucleus+ down stairs as well? They also suggested getting a optical Rendu or Signature Rendu SE. And then running the optical cable cable from Optical Module Deluxe to the Optical Rendu and the Shunyata Omega USB to my Mcintosh C53 preamplifier.

This next part is where things get interesting,I still have the following components that have to be connected: Apple TV+, and my Mcintosh Mx170 processor(which the ethernet connection is used as a IP address only to control the it via my ipad as a remote).

I also have the etherRegen and a After Dark 75 ohm clock that I was using for the etherRegen.

So the big question here is how would I configure in the etherregen and the 75 ohm clock, I also recently purchased a Omega ethernet cable.

Call me confused, I'm probably over thinking all this, and maybe don't need to buy a Optical Redu and just use what I have, but I think the Optical Module is a safe bet to start.

Your advice is greatly appreciated